Chock Full of Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons white creme de cacao
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In double boiler, melt 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate.
- Add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Cut butter into four equal pieces and add, one piece at a time, constantly stirring
until all butt has been incorporated.
- Beat yolks until light and lemon colored.
- Gradually stir in chocolate mixture and continue stirring until smooth and creamy.
- In double boiler, heat 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coffee, sugar and light
cream. Stir constantly until smooth.
- Stir in rum and creme de cacao and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Combine both chocolate mixtures, heavy cream, grated unsweetened chocolate and
slat in large bowl.
- Pour mixture into canister of ice cream freezer and freeze according
to manufacturer's directions.
Source: Purple Sage and Other Pleasures - A Savory Collection by the
Junior League of Tucson, Arizona
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.