Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream
- 2 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- Melt chocolate over low heat.
- Gradually stir in cocoa powder and milk while continuing
to heat. You want the consistency to be thick but not solid as you add the milk
and cocoa powder.
- Beat sugar into eggs.
- Stir hot chocolate/milk mixture into eggs.
- Add cream and vanilla extract. Cool.
- Just before adding to ice cream maker, stir a cup of ice cream mixture into almond
- Once mixed, stir into remaining ice cream mixture.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.