Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds
- Add sugar to the beaten egg yolks and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Scald the milk and half-and-half.
- Slowly add 1 cup of the milk to the eggs mixture to temper the eggs.
- Add the egg mixture back to the milk mixture.
- Stir in cocoa, and heat just to steaming. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Pour into freezer container.
- Add toasted almonds.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to freeze the ice cream.