Chocolate Ice Cream
Yield: 1 quart
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1 cup chilled Half-and-Half
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-size saucepan sprinkle gelatine over cold water; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Add milk and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatine and sugar are dissolved.
- Remove from heat; add syrup.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add Half-and-Hhalf, whipping cream and vanilla extract. Chill thoroughly.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.