Chocolate Painted Waffle Cones
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup multicolored sprinkles
- 12 waffle cones
- In 2-cup glass measure, microwave chocolate and shortening on HIGH for 1 1/2
to 2 minutes, until melted; stir until smooth.
- Place jimmies on plate.
- Use a wide pastry brush to brush inside of one cone with chocolate mixture to
coat. Paint a 1-inch wide chocolate band around the outside top of cone.
- Hold cone over a plate of sprinkles, and use fingers to sprinkle the sprinkles over chocolate
edge to cover.
- Stand cone upright in freezer, to harden chocolate (place pointed
end of cone into freezer rack grid or lean cone against something).
- Repeat with remaining cones.
- Store dipped cones in food-storage bag in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Per serving: Makes 12 cones. Per cone: 253 calories, 3 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate,
11 g fat, 1 g fiber, 2 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium