Chocolate-Peppermint Ripple Ice Cream
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Melt chocolate in milk in a bowl placed over a pan of hot water. Stir until smooth
and remove from heat.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat together until thick and light.
- In another bowl, whip the cream and yogurt together until soft peaks are formed,
then fold into the egg mixture.
- Fold two-thirds of the egg and cream mixture into melted chocolate.
- Stir peppermint oil and few drops of green food coloring into
the remaining mixture.
- Place chocolate mixture into a container, cover and place in freezer for about
- Put peppermint mixture in refrigerator. Swirl the peppermint mixture through
the chocolate to give a rippled effect, then freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer ice cream to the refrigerator.