Chocolate Rum Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, place sugar, water and coffee. Stirring constantly, bring
to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Place chocolate chips in a blender or food processor,
and with the motor running, pour the hot syrup over and blend until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolks and rum and cool slightly.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream,
then pour into individual serving dishes or a bomb dish.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- To serve, remove from freezer at least 5 minutes before serving.