Cinnamon-Ginger Ice Cream
- 1 pint half-and-half or light cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup diced candied ginger
- Scald half-and-half.
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar, salt and cinnamon in the top of a double boiler;
set over simmering water.
- Slowly pour in scalded half-and-half, whisking constantly.
Whisk over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Process ice cream in ice cream machine, adding ginger when mixture is slushy.
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.