Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, water and cinnamon. Cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture is smooth and the sugar dissolved. Set syrup aside.
- In top of double boiler scald milk.
- Stir in remaining sugar until it is dissolved and
pour mixture slowly over egg, beating constantly.
- Return mixture to top of double
boiler and cook over hot water until it thickens slightly.
- Chill and stir in cinnamon syrup.
- Add cream and vanilla extract.
- Freeze in electric freezer.
Makes 2 quarts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes