Coffee Bean Ice Cream
I use the most wicked, black, shiny coffee beans I can find. My favorite is Italian
Roast Coffee from Trader Joe's.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole coffee beans
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and pale in color.
- Scald the cream
with the coffee beans and pour onto the yolks and sugar, stirring until combined.
- Pour back into the saucepan and stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens
and coats the back of a spoon. Allow the mixture to cool leaving the whole beans
in the custard.
- Allow to stand covered in the refrigerator overnight at least. A
couple of days is better.
- Strain the mixture and transfer to ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 5/17/02 7:24:47 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.