Coffee Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whipping or heavy cream
- Put sweetened condensed milk and dissolved coffee in a bowl over a pan of gently
simmering water. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and let cool before chilling in the refrigerator.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, then fold into the coffee mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a container. Cover and freeze until firm, beating well after 1 1/2
- About 15 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.
Good served with Hot Fudge Sauce or Burnt Honey Sauce.