Cranberry Ice Cream
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Put cranberries in a saucepan and pour 1 cup boiling water over. Cover and leave
for 5 minutes.
- Bring to simmering point, cook for 5 minutes, turn off the heat and
leave for 5 minutes.
- Bring to simmering point again and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the sugar, and reduce to a puree. Let cool.
- In a bowl, lightly whip the cream with the yogurt, then fold into the puree.
- Pour the mixture into a container.
- Cover and freeze until firm, beating twice at hourly intervals.
- About 20 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.