Custard Ice Cream, Texas-Style
- 3 cups milk, scalded (180 degrees F)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (or more) vanilla extract
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Milk to fill container
- To scalded milk, add mixture of sugar, flour, eggs and salt. Stir constantly
and cook until thick.
- Add vanilla extract, Karo syrup and 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour into ice cream maker can.
- Add half-and-half and remaining can sweetened condensed milk.
- Finish filling with milk and freeze according to ice cream maker's instructions.
Makes 2 gallons.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes