Dark Fudge Ice Cream
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups half-and-half, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup and 2/3 cup of the half-and-half. Stir over medium-low
heat until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer for 4 minutes without stirring; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until blended.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot chocolate mixture.
- Stir egg mixture into remaining chocolate mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat
until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in vanilla extract, whipping cream and remaining half-and-half.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
Yields 1 1/2 quarts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes