Easy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, halved, well drained reserve juice
- 2/3 cup chopped semi sweet chocolate bar, pieces about 1/4-inch square
- 2 tablespoons reserved cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place cherries, chocolate, reserved juice and Amaretto in large mixing bowl.
- Soften ice cream in microwave. Microwave on defrost 1 to 2 minutes. (Ice
cream should be soft, but not runny.)
- Spoon ice cream into bowl. Quickly mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place ice cream in container with tight fitting lid.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Scoop into bowls to serve.
Makes 1/2 gallon ice cream
Will keep in freezer up to 1 week.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.