Fig Ice Cream
This is an old Louisiana recipe.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 quart crushed, peeled figs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil. Cook to the thread
stage (230 degrees F).
- Pour syrup slowly over egg whites, beating constantly until
mixture is thick and smooth.
- Fold in figs and milk.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream
maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Makes 3 quarts.
Variation: One (29-ounce) can apricots or any other fruit (crushed and pushed
through a sieve) can be used in this, the amount determined by the strength of the
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes