Fresh Peach Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatine
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 small box
vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups
- Soften gelatine in 1/2 cup cold milk.
- Scald another 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Stir in
gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Add sugar, salt and remaining 1 cup milk.
- Beat eggs on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, pudding mix,
vanilla extract and gelatine mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in peaches.
- Freeze in ice
cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Ripen for 2 hours.
Makes 1 gallon.