Frozen Vanilla Custard
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Warm milk in medium saucepan over low heat (if using vanilla bean, infuse for
10 minutes and remove bean).
- Stir in sugar and beaten eggs. Cook over low heat;
stirring continuously, about 15 to 20 minutes. Mixture will thicken and should coat
the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool completely.
- In a chilled medium size bowl, with chilled beaters, whip cream until soft peaks
form. (If using vanilla extract add at this time.) Add lemon juice and continue
beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into custard, and chill in refrigerator at least 8 hours,
- After mixture has been well chilled, stir thoroughly and freeze in ice cream
maker according to manufacturer's directions.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 28,2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes