Fruit Cake Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons
marzipan, finely chopped*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fruit cake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
brandy, sherry or rum
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Bring milk and cream to simmering
point in a saucepan. Pour onto the eggs in a slow steady stream, beating constantly,
and continuing to beat until the mixture is very thick and light.
- Stir in the marzipan
or ground almonds, then fold in the fruit cake and brandy, sherry or rum.
the mixture into a container.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- About 20 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.
* 1 1/2 tablespoons ground almonds may be substituted.