Fruit Custard Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 quarts light cream
- 1 cup eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup diced bananas
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple (canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Basic Mix: Combine cream, eggs and sugar. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until
mixture coats spoon.
- Cool, then add vanilla extract.
- Fruit Mix: Combine nuts, fruit, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour basic mixture into freezer can.
- Add fruit mix.
Yield: 4 quarts
* If you use frozen strawberries, omit 1/4 cup sugar for sweetened berries.
Source: Yoder Dairies
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes