Fudge Ice Cream
- 6 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a heavy medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup and the 3/4 cup half-and-half. Stir over medium-low
heat until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer for 4 minutes without stirring; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until blended.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup hot chocolate mixture.
Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in vanilla extract, the 1 1/2 cups half-and-half and whipping cream.
- Pour into ice cream canister.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.