Gooseberry-Marshmallow Ice Cream
- 12 large white marshmallows
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pound fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup light
- Melt marshmallows with evaporated milk in a bowl placed over a pan of warm water,
stirring until smooth.
- In saucepan, cook half the gooseberries in 2 tablespoons
water over gentle heat for about 5 minutes or until the skins burst and the fruit
- Stir in sugar, then strain. Let cool.
- Fold in whipped cream and pour into a container. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Make a sauce by cooking the remaining gooseberries with corn syrup and 2 tablespoons
water in a covered pan over gentle heat until the fruit softens.
- Pass through a
strainer and set aside.
- About 45 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, warm the sauce gently if necessary.
- Spoon ice cream between
macaroons and pour sauce over.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.