Ice Cream Cones
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons melted sweet butter
- Line cookie sheets with wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Put egg whites into a bowl
and whip until stiff.
- Fold in half the sugar and whip again until stiff.
- Fold in
remaining sugar, then the flour and butter.
- Drop spoonsful of the mixture onto the
cookie sheets and bake in oven preheated to 400 degrees F for about 3 to 4 minutes
or until light brown round the edges.
- Carefully remove from the tray with a spatula
and mold around lightly greased funnel molds.
- Let cool, then carefully slip off
Makes about 14.
Coated Ice Cream Cones: Brush outside of the cones with egg white and dip in
colored sprinkles, toasted or colored coconut, very finely chopped nuts or chocolate
sprinkles. Or brush the cones with melted semisweet chocolate.