Jack Daniel's Chocolate Ice Cream
This is slightly labor intensive but if you like chocolate, it's really worth it!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Bring cream and half-and-half to simmer in heavy large saucepan.
- Add sugar and cocoa and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Gradually whisk 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into eggs.
- Return to saucepan.
Stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and leaves path on back of spoon
when finger is drawn across, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain into bowl set over larger bowl filled with ice.
- Cool completely, stirring often.
- Stir whiskey into custard.
- Transfer custard to ice cream maker and freeze according
to manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze in covered container several hours to mellow flavors.
- If frozen solid, allow to soften before serving.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 25, 2001
Source: Posted by Steve2inLA atGails Recipe Swap