Jack Daniel's Ice Cream
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in small bowl until smooth and lemon colored.
- Place cream, milk and vanilla bean in small saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Remove vanilla bean and add a small amount of cream to the yolks, stirring briskly.
- Slowly add yolks to remaining cream, stirring constantly.
- Strain through cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Melt chocolate over hot water in the top half of a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Stir into cream mixture and strain once more.
- Stir in whiskey and chill.
- When well chilled, pour into an ice cream maker, and process according
to manufacturer's instructions.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/11/2001 9:50 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.