Jack Daniel's Ice Cream
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cold
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in small bowl until smooth and lemon colored.
cream, milk and vanilla bean in small saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Remove vanilla bean and add a small
amount of cream to the yolks, stirring briskly.
- Slowly add yolks to remaining cream,
- Strain through cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Melt chocolate
over hot water in the top half of a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Stir into
cream mixture and strain once more.
- Stir in whiskey and chill.
- When well chilled, pour into an ice cream maker, and process according
to manufacturer's instructions.
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/11/2001 9:50 am.