Lime Ice Cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 3 limes
- 2/3 cup sour cream, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups cream, whipped
- Twisted lime slices (for garnish)
- Put egg yolks, sugar and lime juice in a bowl and beat until very thick and light.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Fold in whipped cream and lime zest.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold egg whites into lime mixture. Pour the mixture
into a container. Cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer ice cream to the refrigerator.
- Serve each portion decorated with a twisted lime slice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes