Mandarin Orange ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- 1/3 cup roughly crumbled brandy snaps
- Approximately 1 pound can mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- In a heavy-based saucepan, gently heat milk to just below boiling point.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar in a bowl until very thick and light.
- Stir in milk. Return
mixture to the rinsed pan and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla extract and cool, stirring occasionally.
- Fold cream, brandy snaps, mandarin oranges and brandy, if you are using it, into the
- Pour mixture into a container.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer ice cream to the refrigerator.
Serves 6 to 8.