Maple Walnut Ice Cream
- 2 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated maple sugar
- 1/4 cup maple
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped hard maple
- Scald cream, dissolving into it the 1/2 cup maple sugar and 1/4 cup maple syrup
(or use 3/4 cup maple syrup) and the salt.
- Chill overnight in a glass container.
- Freeze in a crank ice cream freezer, adding nuts and chopped hard maple
sugar before the last 20 cranks.
- Pack and freeze until hard.
Makes 3 pints.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.