Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the 1 cup sugar, salt and half-and-half in a heavy-bottom saucepan. Heat
to scalding, stirring occasionally and being careful not to boil.
- Slowly whisk about a cup of the hot half-and-half mixture into the eggs, then
slowly whisk the egg mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium-low
heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Melt the chocolate and 1/2 cup sugar in the top of a double boiler over barely
simmering water; stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the custard; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Chill and process in an ice cream freezer.
Makes about 2 1/2 quarts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes