Mexican Fried Ice Cream
- 3 cups ice cream
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil (for deep-fat frying)
- 4 1/2 cups sweetened corn flakes or crisp rice cereal, crushed
- Place six scoops (about 1/2 cup each) of ice cream in a small pan. Freeze for
1 hour or until firm.
- Combine eggs and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl.
- In a pie plate, combine cereal and cinnamon.
- Dip each frozen ball into egg mixture, then into cereal mixture.
- Return coated ice cream balls to pan and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Reserve remaining cereal mixture.
- Cover and chill remaining egg mixture.
- Remove coated ice cream balls from the freezer.
- Dip balls into remaining egg mixture,
then roll them in remaining cereal mixture. Return to pan. Cover and freeze for
several hours or until firm.
- Fry frozen ice cream balls, 1 or 2 at a time, in deep hot vegetable oil (375
degrees F) in a deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan for 15 seconds or until golden
- Remove with a slotted spoon; drain for a few seconds.
- Return fried ice cream balls to the freezer while frying the remaining balls.
- Serve immediately with ice cream topping, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes