Palisade Peachy Peach Ice Cream
Here is an original Ice Cream recipe from Carolyn Friesen, of Grand Junction, Colorado.
Here on the Western slope of Colorado, just a few miles east of Grand Junction is the small town of Palisade, Colorado. This town is well known in this state and others for their wonderful "Palisade" peaches. People come from many, many miles away just to get these peaches.
- 4 cups finely chopped peaches (in processor)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 pints heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peaches
- Heat peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and salt to boiling. Cook until thickened. Cool completely.
- Add almond flavoring to cooled mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until lemon-colored.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Stir cooled ingredients into egg-cream mixture, then add peaches.
- Pour into 1 gallon ice cream freezer.
- Fill to top with milk.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 10:04:01 pm.