Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons
light corn syrup
- 3 large egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped or broken peanut brittle
- Combine half-and-half, brown sugar and corn syrup in a medium-size saucepan and
cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves completely.
Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks until creamy, then add 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture, stirring
to heat them.
- Put saucepan back on heat and add warmed yolks, stirring. Continue
to cook over medium-low heat until mixture coats the spoon.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill and pour
into an ice cream maker, and freeze until partially set, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in peanut brittle, and continue freezing until firm, following manufacturer's
Makes about 1 quart.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.