Philadelphia Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1 3/4 cups scalded milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons
- Soften gelatine in cold milk. Dissolve in scalded (not boiled) milk with the
sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Combine with the cream, salt and vanilla extract.
into refrigerator trays and freeze at coldest freezer setting.
- When mixture has frozen about 1 inch from edge, transfer to a chilled bowl. Beat
- Return to trays and continue freezing.
Makes 4 servings.