Rich Vanilla Ice Cream (T&T)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (yes, tablespoons, not teaspoons!) vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- Heat cream, milk and sugar in heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add egg yolks by adding some mixture to eggs to dilute, and then adding diluted
eggs to rest of pan (adding straight will cook them and make for lumpy cream).
- Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon (seems
to take forever, about 10 minutes?). DO NOT LET BOIL (or it will curdle). Strain,
if you want, and add vanilla extract (I never strain, it comes out fine).
- Cool completely in refrigerator.
- Freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
Makes about 1 quart. (Double this if using the hand crank - it has a much larger
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes