Rocky Road Ice Cream
Yield: about 1 quart, 8 servings
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- In a medium saucepan melt the chocolate over medium-low heat.
- Gradually stir in milk until combined.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour half of the mixture into a blender container; cover and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Repeat with other half of mixture.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
- Stir in whipping cream, walnuts and vanilla extract.
- Freeze in a 4 or 5 quart ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in marshmallows before ripening.
- Ripen for 4 hours.