Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- In a medium saucepan melt the chocolate over medium-low heat.
- Gradually stir in milk till combined.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour half of the mixture into a blender container; cover and blend
until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Repeat with other half of mixture.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
- Stir in whipping cream, walnuts and vanilla extract.
- Freeze in a 4- or 5-quart ice-cream freezer according to the
- Stir in marshmallows before ripening.
- Ripen for 4 hours.
Makes about 1 quart (8 servings).