Straw-Ba-Nut Ice Cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries*, sliced
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup milk (approximately)
* One 10 ounce bag frozen strawberries, thawed, may be substituted for fresh
- Beat eggs with electric mixer at medium speed until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until thick.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine strawberries, bananas, and pecans; fold in whipped topping.
- Add fruit mixture to egg mixture; stir gently.
- Add food coloring, if desired, until mixture reaches preferred color.
- Pour into freezer can of a 1 gallon hand-turned or electric freezer.
- Add enough milk to fill can three-fourths full.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let ripen for at least 1 hour.
Source: Southern Living Magazine - August 1980