Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered and divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine sugar, salt and 2 cups milk in food processor or blender; blend until
sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs and blend until well mixed. Cook over medium heat,
stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken about 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to freeze, combine half of base mixture and cream cheese in food processor
or blender until smooth.
- Mix strawberries and rest of base mixture.
- Pour into freezer
can and fill with milk and freeze per manufacturer's instructions.