Sweet Cherry Pie Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon Graham crackers, broken into 1-inch pieces
- Heat cream and milk to just below the boil.
- Whisk egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar and a pinch of salt until just blended.
- Strain hot cream onto egg yolk mixture, whisking
- Return to saucepan and cook slowly, stirring constantly, until it coats
- Strain, add almond extract and cherries. Cool completely.
- Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Fold in Graham crackers.
- Freeze until firm.
Makes 1 quart.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes