Tangerine Ice Cream
- 12 tangerines
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Finely grate zest from 6 of the tangerines.
- Mix zest with sugar and half of the
cream in a saucepan. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar, then let cool.
- Squeeze juice
from all the tangerines and mix with the sweetened cream.
- Whip remaining cream in a bowl until soft peaks form and fold into the sweetened,
- Pour the mixture into a container and freeze until firm, beating
twice at hourly intervals.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator.
- Serve decorated with tangerine peel shapes and fresh bay leaves.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes