Toasted Almond Ice Cream
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 pound full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound cottage cheese, strained
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons orange or lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- Toasted slivered almonds
- Coffee sugar crystals
- Put the cream cheese and cottage cheese into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the ground almonds and orange or lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir in the toasted almonds.
- Whip the egg white until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into individual dishes.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator and decorate with the slivered almonds and sugar crystals.