Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 quarts milk
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages Knox gelatine
- 3 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Mix the 2 1/2 quarts milk, sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Mix flour with enough milk to make a smooth sauce.
- Stir flour into hot milk, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- dd gelatine and remove from heat.
- Chill and stir occasionally until it begins to thicken, then add the
1 pint milk, cream, evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
- Cool for 5 to 6 hours before freezing.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.