Velvet Ice Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Heat milk to scalding.
- Mix sugar with cornstarch and egg yolks.
- Gradually add scalded milk and cook until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add salt and flavoring; set aside to cool.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into cooled custard and freeze.
Makes 4 quarts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes