World Famous Philadelphia
Vanilla Ice Cream
This is a key recipe - use your imagination and add fruits, nuts and flavorings
to make this vanilla ice cream into your own concoction.
- 6 cups light cream
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (3-inch) vanilla beans, split
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In top of double boiler, combine 3 cups cream, sugar, vanilla beans and salt.
cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Remove bean pods, scraping pulp and seeds into cream. Cool.
- Add remaining 3 cups cream to the cooled mixture. Mix well.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 5/14/02 1:30:59 pm.
Source: The Complete Book of Homemade Ice Cream
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes