Almond Amaretto Gelato
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and heat gently.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Beat 2 tablespoons of the hot cream into the egg mixture, then beat in the
remaining cream, a half cup at a time.
- Pour into a double boiler, or into a bowl set over a pan of simmering water,
and cook over a gentle heat, stirring constantly 15 to 20 minutes, until the
mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Cool mixture, then chill.
- Pour chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's
- While the paddle is churning, add the almonds and Amaretto, freeze gelato
- Place in the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 16, 2001.