As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 (1-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup applejack
- 2 cups red burgundy
- 4 tablespoons strained lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Combine in saucepan cold water, cinnamon, sugar, salt and applejack. Stir
until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boiling point, and boil for 5 minutes
- Strain the liquid into a saucepan or a large bowl and cool a little.
- Stir in red burgundy, lemon juice and orange rind.
- Cool thoroughly and chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, stirring
every half hour, before freezing.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelato, Granita and Ice Recipes