Easy Melon Ice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, honeydew or 1/4 watermelon (for about 4 1/2 cups diced)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Seed and dice the melon.
- Stir together the citrus juice and sugar until mixture is fully liquid (sugar
needn't be completely dissolved).
- In batches, if necessary, puree melon with the sugar mixture and any liquid
from dicing. (A blender is best for this; if using a food processor, keep at
it a while, scraping and stirring occasionally, to produce a puree, not just
chopped melon). Taste and add sugar if necessary.
- Freeze in ice cream freezer following manufacturer's directions for
- If you don't have an ice cream freezer, pour mixture into shallow bowl
and freeze 3 hours or until firm, then scoop into a mixer bowl and beat with
an electric mixer about 10 seconds.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine on 7/31/2001, 5:48pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelato, Granita and Ice Recipes