As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 lemons) fresh lemon juice*
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup water with the sugar until sugar is dissolved.
Refrigerate until cold.
- Combine sugar syrup with lemon juice, cold water and blend together thoroughly.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container, such as a 9 x 13 x 2-inch metal pan.
Freeze, stirring and scraping the mixture with a rubber spatula at first, then
with the tines of a fork every 30 to 40 minutes until a grainy consistency and
completely frozen. This process takes 3 to 4 hours.
- Spoon into chilled stemmed glasses or bowls.
Makes 7 cups.
* For the best flavor, always use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 13, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelato, Granita and Ice Recipes