Melon Snow Cones
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups seeded watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe chunks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- In food processor or blender, puree melon of choice.
- In small saucepan, heat 1 cup puree and sugar over medium heat, stirring,
just until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into shallow 8- or 9-inch square metal pan; stir in remaining puree
and lemon juice. Freeze. Every 30 minutes, break up crystals with fork as they
form at edges of pan; stir frozen parts toward center. Continue until entire
mixture is a firm but not solid frozen mass, 3 to 4 hours.
- Scrape ice with fork to lighten texture.
- Scoop into paper cones with ice cream scoop.
Makes 3 cups, 8 servings.
Per serving: 74 calories, 0 protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fat, 0 fiber, 0
cholesterol, 2 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelato, Granita and Ice Recipes