As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat at medium-high speed until
very thick and pale yellow in color.
- In medium saucepan, heat milk to a simmer.
- Add half of the milk to the egg
yolk mixture; whisk until blended.
- Stir in remaining milk. Cook over low heat,
stirring constantly, until mixture coats back of spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in the cream.
- Pass mixture through a fine strainer
into medium bowl set over an ice bath to chill.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelato, Granita and Ice Recipes