As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food color
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about a 6 pound watermelon)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, sugar, and honey to a boil over high
heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Stir in the lemon juice and food color.
- Place half of the watermelon chunks and half of the cooled syrup in a blender
jar and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and repeat the
process with the remaining watermelon and syrup, adding all the pureed mixture
to the baking dish.
- Cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until frozen 1 inch around the edges.
- Stir well to mix up the ice crystals.
- At this point, stir in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Cover and freeze for 4 to 6 more hours, or until completely frozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gelato, Granita and Ice Recipes